- has purchased land for the first project;
- is building the first village due to start dec.2014;
- Supporting the operational costs of the support model;
- Working with Mantle Housing to realise the project.
Mantle Housing has committed to:
- Working with families to prepare them for living in a supportive environment;
- Supporting 25% of operational costs each year;
- Working with Wesley Mission Brisbane to realise the project.
We are grateful for the confidence from the Haven Foundation in Victoria (headed by Prof. Allan Fells AO) who have already built 14 units in South Yarra to support people living with schizophrenia to have better lives. Professor Fels has also been assigned the position of Chair on the National Mental Health Commission within the Prime Minister’s office.
We are grateful for the support from HOME in Queanbeyan (NSW) who have already built 20 units in Queanbeyan for adults living with mental illness who were previously homeless.
40 families are on the Mantle membership list with 17 people who are potential residents for the first village. These families have been committed for at least 5 years. However we welcome new interested families.
Extensive work is in progress to develop an intake assessment process recognising cognitive function as well as medical diagnosis as a way of determining best candidates for the village.
Prof Ross Young, Executive Dean of Health at QUT chairs the Mantle Housing Board.
Mantle has raised $85,000 towards company development costs for external consultants and client consultation over past 5 years.
Land has been purchased. Workshops have been held with families to develop designs for the apartments. DA has been lodged with Brisbane City Council. We are ready to go !